Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What Else Can I Deep-Fry?



The familiar trio: egg, seasoned flour, and bread crumbs. The magic is in the deep fryer my friends. I had a hankering for deep fried chicken, and I noticed I had a lot of bread crumbs in my pantry to spare. Like most novice cooks in a hurry, I grabbed at what was available. The bread crumbs definitely give an unexpected, Exxxtra crunchiness to the chicken.
Garlic Crispy Fried Chicken
-2 boneless chicken breasts
-2 eggs, beaten
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/4 cup milk
-1 tbsp salt
-1 tbsp fresh black pepper
-1 tbsp paprika
-2 tbsp garlic powder
1. Mix flour and seasonings together in a bowl.
2. Mix milk with beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Coat chicken in flour mixture. Then, quickly coat chicken in egg mixture. Finally, coat chicken in bread crumbs. Make sure to thoroughly coat with bread crumbs to get that super crunchy texture.
4. Add to pre-heated oil in your deep fryer or electric skillet, tempurature set to 350 deg C. Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes.
Easy peasy....this was a great quick dinner on my Wednesday night. At work, I'm constantly working with mixing chemicals, controlling temperatures, etc. It's nice mixing stuff together, knowing the output will be delicious food I get to enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment