Friday, November 12, 2010

Mexican Food in Mexico is Excellent!


I'm back from my short cruise vacation to the Mexican Riviera, and I've come back with food inspiration. Living in Southern California all my life, I was confident what good Mexican food tasted like. I was wrong, wrong, wrong...


I've sampled food in Mexico from restaurant, to random bar, and even in the mountains of Puerta Vallarta. The immediate difference with Mexican food there and Mexican food here, is that they use less ingredients. And it's true what they say; less is more. It's not so much the amount of ingredients that go into a meal; it's the quality of ingredients. Who knew that salsa could taste incredible if only the tomato used to make it is absolutely fresh.


I will always have fond food memories of Mexico, and am eager to begin my quest for the best authentic Mexican food place here in the States. Please comment your personal favorite Mexican place, recipe, etc...


No comments:

Post a Comment