Sunday, July 15, 2012

Biscuit Snafus

Flat, Dense Sweet Potato Biscuits & BURNT Fried Chicken

  Not my proudest moment in the kitchen.  The burnt fried chicken is a travesty.  Pure neglect on my part, because I was doting too much on the Sweet Potato Biscuits.  I had my hands all over it.  I was trying too hard to incorporate the cold butter evenly in the dry mix AND I spent too much time rolling out the dough to be Perfectly even.  The taste was near 100% perfect, whereas the texture was a failure.  Flat Flat Flat...

  Second time around, I redeemed myself.  Instead of sweet potato, I opted for Sweet Cream Biscuits.  Instead of butter, sour cream is used, which makes for a more savory biscuit.  Not only was the biscuit delicious, they rose beautifully!

  I should expect snafus to occur in the kitchen;  I was just hoping I was a baking prodigy.  Do prodigies have off days?

Sweet Cream Biscuits


No comments:

Post a Comment