Friday, June 21, 2013

Moving Forward with Cake Pops, Body Combat & Yoga

I built myself a sizable backup fund while I pursued baking, but sometimes when I let fear sink in I psyche myself out.  I knew going into this I would be choosing a different lifestyle.  And it has absolutely been worth it.  While I feel bad that we can't go out as much anymore, it has lead to creative ways of having fun for less. While working I had zero energy to exercise.  Now it's all we do, and it's actually our form of entertainment now.  I've discovered Body Combat & Body Pump classes at 24 hour fitness.  It's so much fun, and I feel so much stronger and healthier.  I used to practice Yoga in college and loved it, so I'm also re-discovering my flexibility.

Thank goodness for the gym, because cake pops are part of my life now.  I'm a PAID baker and decorator with Just A Bite Cake Pops in Irvine. YEEEEE...I love saying it.  While my income is Significantly lower, I am happy to go to work and create beautiful cake pops.  It's been almost 2 months with my new job, and it's been more challenging than I thought.  It hasn't always been easy, but I'm definitely learning a lot about the baking world, even if it's a tiny niche like cake pops.  I'm so grateful to be learning from experienced and wonderful entrepreneurs and decorators.

Ice Cream Cake Pops

Grad Cake Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment