Monday, April 29, 2013

Cake Boss, I Am Not.

I finished Wilton Course# 1: Basic Cake Decorating, and I'm not going to lie; not as easy as I suspected. I walked in overly confident, and now I leave feeling humbled and wanting to learn more. I truly believe all bakers/decorators have some form of Obsessive Compulsiveness, so perfecting something within 2 hours is challenging. Now I have a deeper appreciation for frosting a cake without getting it all crumb-y.
First Cake Decorated in Class....Crumbs!!!!  Fail...
From this class, I learned to be more patient; to quiet my mind when I've messed something up and instead of screaming out, I try to think of how to fix it.  Life is the same way; we should all stop screaming out in frustration about our "problems," and instead look for the solution.  There's my preach for you today.

Second Cake Decorated in Class.... Zero Crumbs!!!! Booyah!

While I'd love to pursue the cake decorating classes, I'm way too broke to keep going.  There's a surprising large amount of time and money that goes into them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment