Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oh My Sweet Potato Pie




Tis the season for family gatherings. These days, no one expects the host to shell out a home-cooked meal, nor do we expect them to pay for a "home-cooked meal." In my family, we love pot-lucks. My mother, for example, loves to give generously even when she has nothing to give; she will go out of her way to make our family happy. If that means 20-30 boxes of Portos' potato balls and cream cheese streudels instead of making rent, so be it. Self-destructive behavior I assure myself is not genetically inherited.

This year for the family gathering, I want to bring something special. I discovered a recipe for Sweet Potato Pie with a Cinnamon Roll Crust. It's a wonderfully simple recipe! After collecting my ingredients, I eagerly rolled up my sleeves, collected my kitchen instruments, set my Pandora to Adele's Radio Station, and fervently (but passionately) created a little bit of sweet potato heaven. My panel of food critics (boyfriend and co-workers) wholeheartedly agree that the recipe does not need to be altered whatsoever. I will say that I'm very proud to have purchased my sweet potatoes from my local farmer's market. Best sweet potatoes I can get my hands on! Here I come family; I'm ready for my sweet potato pie to go against any of my Mom's Portos' Potato Balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment